Today’s podcast guest, Catherine Sayer, is CEO of Food South Australia (SA). Food SA is the peak body supporting SA’s food and beverage industry; an industry that contributes $19.7 billion dollars to SA’s Gross State Product.
I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion, because who doesn’t love talking about food, but mainly because it was such an interesting insight into some of the behind the scenes factors that food and beverage producers have to take into account.
We chat about the South Australian food scene, including what makes it unique, the successful “Eat Local” campaign and some of the star producers who have recently been recognised at the SA Premier’s Food and Beverage Industry Awards dinner like Haigh’s Chocolates, Barossa Fine Foods, Mexex, Coopers Brewery and Ceravolo Orchards.
You can check out Food SA’s website and the various program they offer here: https://foodsouthaustralia.com.au
Links to some of the excellent SA producers we mention:
- Haigh’s Chocolates: https://www.haighschocolates.com.au
- Barossa Fine Foods: https://www.barossafinefoods.com.au
- Mexex: https://www.mexex.com.au
- Coopers Brewery: https://coopers.com.au
- Bickford’s Australia: https://www.bickfords.net
- Ceravolo Orchards: https://ashtonvalleyfresh.com.au